Multi-factor authentication is an additional layer of security that helps protect your SOTA Cloud user account by requiring a second form of authentication beyond your usual password. SOTA Cloud supports two types of multifactor authentication: authenticator apps and SMS text messages.
To set up multifactor authentication for your SOTA Cloud user account, follow these steps:
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner of the home screen and select 'Edit Profile.'
- From the Edit Profile screen, click 'Advanced.'
- On the Advanced screen, click 'Manage Two Factor,' and then click 'Add Two Factor.'
- If you want to use an authenticator app, you can scan the code displayed on the screen with your app. You can use apps like Google Authenticator for this purpose.
- If you prefer to use SMS text message, click on the 'SMS' option. You will then receive a one-time code on your phone which you can enter into the field provided on the screen.
- After entering the code, click 'Enable' to activate your SMS two-factor authentication.
Note that while SMS two-factor authentication is better than no authentication at all, we recommend using an authenticator app whenever possible as this is typically a more secure method of two-factor authentication.
By following these steps, you can help protect your SOTA Cloud user account from hackers and other security threats.
Please sign in to leave a comment.